Cass.ai builds AI powered mental health chatbots, which are proven, in many research studies, to lower symptoms of anxiety and depression. We believe that combining these AI chatbots with traditional therapy, is the best way to get everyone the care they need to help them with mental health. With positive engagement of the AI chatbots studies have shown that individuals can maintain a stable mental health state and reduce the incidents where active therapy is required
At Cass.ai you get to work with a small and diverse team that includes senior engineers, researchers, and psychologists.
The engineering team at Cass.ai possesses strong technical backgrounds, and share a passion to make a positive impact in the lives of the 34,000,000 people who have paid access to our service.
We use Python on the back-end, React on the front-end, and AWS for our hosting. Some of the technologies we use include but are not limited to PyTorch, GPT, GraphQL, EC2, RDS, S3, Lambdas, Github co-pilot, and more.
Our backend is a mix of in-house Large Language Model (LLM) tooling and new technologies like gpt-3.5.-turbo/gpt-4. We work in a fast moving environment and adopt the tools and technologies that deliver the best quality and safety.
Research is at the core of what we do. We have published 7 research papers, and have 13 more studies in the works. The engineering team’s work directly influences how much symptoms of our users are reduced, of which the results will get published.
We’re growing, and many millions of messages are exchanged by our chatbot, Cass, with people in need, making your impact even bigger.
The engineering team is expected to double in size before the end of the year. We are looking for a Senior Engineer who loves Python, LLM’s, and API development.
In this role you will:
- Work with Product to develop features that improve the quality of our bot chats
- Evolve the technical platform with micro services, serverless, and containers
- Write documentation as necessary
- Provide technical guidance and code review
- Mentor junior engineers and interns
An ideal candidate has:
- 4+ years of professional experience Python in a production environment
- Experience at previous startups moving quickly with a focus on balance and quality
- Broad knowledge of GPT, LLM’s, and/or machine learning (expertise in NLP, Deep Learning will be valued, not strictly necessary)
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, diverse and cross-disciplinary work environment that includes engineers with different backgrounds, psychologists, and UX researchers
- Passion for making a positive impact on the lives of millions of people
- Is a self starter and is able to work well independently
- Generous paid time off: as a mental health startup we help keep each other in check to use this policy, and prevent burn-out
- Choose an annual donation by our Foundation to help a population of your choice, see past examples at: https://www.cass.ai/foundation
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance and long term disability
- Parental leave
- Remote work
- 401(k) plan